Sunday, January 2, 2011

My Prayer for Weakness

Lord, for 2011.....

I pray for weakness,
That I may find my strength in you.

I pray for just enough fiances to pay my bills,
That I may appreciate the gifts you give and rely on you to provide for all my needs.

I pray for some discomfort in my life
That I may appreciate all the comforts you give and have empathy for others in need

I pray that you put me in the spotlight less
So that I may live a quite humble life

I pray for an ordinary appearance
So that your beauty and glory shine through me and make me sparkle from the inside out

I pray for less opportunity for me to be in charge
So that I may have more opportunity to serve others.

Lord, in 2011 I pray that my life may glorify you and humble me.  I pray that you continue to shape me as a servant to others.  I pray that your word continue to teach me, stretch me, and make me hurt; so that I may leave my comfort zone and be shaped into the person that you want me to be.

I pray that I feast not upon the luxuries and food that our society offers, but instead on the word of God. 

I pray that I can honor my body as your temple,
So that my time spent on my health can draw attention to you, and not to myself


True beauty only comes from you, from the inside out. 
But it is up to us to make your beauty shine through us into the world and provide the light the world is looking for.  Especially for those who are seeking true beauty in themselves and others.
Lord, help me be that light.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment