Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Makin My Own No Fail Environment

So, here it is... the holidays!  Vacation Time!  Party Time!  COOKIE TIME!

In order for me to ensure I won't fall off the wagon and go knee deep in carbs, I have discovered that I CAN NOT depend on self control, but instead need to always bring things that I can offer to others, as well as have around my own house, that I can endulge in and scarf down, not feel deprived, and yet not want to commit suicide when I step on the scale in the morning.

This week I made Christmas Cut Out Cookies.  They are pretty amazing!  I used almond flour to make them and sure enough they taste like real cookies - but all they have in them are protein.   Who knew?!  I only made a small batch because, to be honost, the almond flour is a little expensive and I didn't want to waste it if they tasted horrible.  I discovered the secret to soft cookies, like soft sugar cookies, of course it to make them thick and take them out just a little early.  If you like them crunchy and more like a ginger cookie, make them very thin and turn off the oven and keep them in for a few extra minutes.  Very tastey.  I'll be making more and having them around the house during this Cookie, er I mean Christmas, Season.  Next on my list are peanut butter balls - my personal holiday favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment