Sunday, November 28, 2010

Trading My Ashes for Beauty

At church last week we sang the song "At the Foot of the Cross (Ashes for Beauty)."  The lyrics impacted me as I feel that they are a summary of my journey with God. 

At the Foot of the Cross (Ashes for Beauty)

At the foot of the cross
Where grace and suffering meet
You have shown me your love
Trough the judgement You received
And You've won my heart
And You've won my heart
Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

At the foot of the cross
Where I am made complete
You have given me life
Through the death you bore for me
And You've won my heart
And You've won my heart
Now I can

Trade these ashes in for beauty
And wear forgiveness like a crown
Coming to kiss the feet of mercy
I lay every burden down
At the foot of the cross

The lyrics sort of summarize where I was before God.  I felt ugly inside.  I had very little self esteem very little self worth.   But through time, as I got to know Christ as my personal friend and savior, he changed all that for me.  He took those ashes that were inside and made something beautiful out of my past.  I was ugly and "burned" - but he took those remains and created something totally new.  It was a new me.  And I felt it all over.

God has done an internal makeover in me.  I now know of his love for me.  For us.  I recognize how he takes care of me and my details.  I am filled with joy regularly.  I am delighted by the gifts that he gives and I am overwhelmed with the desire to give back.  To spread the beauty and joy that God created inside of me.

If you know me, you know that I smile a lot.  That I'm friendly and that I ask what's going on. That's genuine.  I really am that happy.  And I really DO want to know what's going on. 

I feel that after my inner makeover, it is now time for the outside to reveal what the inside feels like.  It is time for me to take care of the temple that God created in me and be as healthy and pure inside as possible.  It is now important that the outside shows the discipline, the heatlh, and the rejuvination - the overall "work" that God has done.

And hense, the title, and the purpose of my Blog.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment